Thursday 19 April 2018

A handful of rice and its greatness...

A handful of rice.


A handful of rice

 In the lunch box

I always kept it for them.

Cat, crow, Mynahs, and ants

You are in the backyards,

You are in the trees.

Watching my deeds

Lunch break bells.



A handful of rice

And its fragrance

 Keeps in mind, in whole life.

While eating the lunch

I enjoyed catering for,

 You cats, birds and ants.



A handful of rice.

From my lunch box.

I scattered is so whitish

Jasmine bud-like.

From the dried leaves.

The birds took it in their beaks

Flew away to nest

To feed the little ones,

That crying so loud.

Pregnant cat mews and

Mews loudly and licks

 Its whiskers and hands

Eating the each rice

Moves to sleep in the bush.



The little ants collected

All broken rice and

On a line, in slow motion.

Within the anthills happily

Stores in the granary.



“Cater for those who need”

A lot of creatures here

Without food and heed

The stomach burns…

In this modern world.



Thank you, mother

You wake in the dawn

With a heartfelt love..

Send me the Tiffin box.

And taught me..

“Cater for those who need”

A handful of rice.





No comments:

Post a Comment

മാമ്പൂവ്

    മാമ്പൂവ് മാമ്പൂവ്  മണക്കുന്ന മകര മാസം  മനസോടിച്ചെല്ലുന്നു മാഞ്ചോട്ടിൽ  മാനത്തുനോക്കി ഇളം കാറ്റിൽ  ആടുന്നു മാകന്ദ പൂമകുടം. പൊൻവെയിലിലോ കണ...